Defense Freight Transportation Services (DFTS)
What is DFTS?
The Department of Defense Freight Transportation Services (DFTS) contract is one of the largest logistics contracts awarded by the U.S. government. The U.S. Transportation Command (TRANSCOM), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), awarded Crowley Logistics Inc., a subsidiary of Crowley Maritime Corp., a multi- year contract in 2016 to provide transportation and related services supporting Department of Defense in North America.
This $2.3 billion, freight-all-kinds (FAK) contract encompasses all forms of surface transportation throughout the United States and Canada. It includes less-than-truckload (LTL) and full truckload (FTL) services, as well as expedited, time-definite, and rail services.
Features of DFTS Services
- Supports all forms of surface transportation throughout the US and Canada
- Fixed rates schedules provide cost control for shippers
- Tiered pricing supports shipment planning and urgency
- Regionalized on-site support offers fast implementation
- Operational execution in a state-of-the-art TMS optimizes transportation
- KPIs tracked at enterprise and individual site levels
- Streamlined onboarding for new Federal agencies
- 100% GSA Audit on all transactions
Why Crowley Solutions?
Crowley has over a century of government experience providing transportation services. We understand that timely, secure transportation of government freight is crucial to national security and mission-critical operations.
Crowley’s team of military, transportation, and technology leaders leverage best practices to provide state-of-the-art and proven supply chain velocity designed to deliver on time and reduce overall costs.
DFTS News, Blogs, and Articles
- Crowley Expands to Support Defense Technology Logistics – August 25, 2020
- Crowley Solutions Delivers 22 Million Meals, Safety Supplies to Support COVID-19 Response – May 6, 2020
- Crowley Supports Small Business Growth and Success in Transportation Management Services
- Crowley Expands Government Supply Chain Services with New Cross-Dock Facility – September 26, 2019
- Crowley Solutions Partners with Small Business Carriers to Support U.S. Warfighters – August 15, 2019
- Crowley Integrates DFTS Management into Government Solutions Group – December 17, 2018
- Crowley Rolls Out First Freight Under $2.3 Billion DFTS Contract – February 14, 2018
- U.S. Defense Department Confirms Award to Crowley of $2.3 Billion Transportation Contract – July 26, 2017
- Crowley Awarded Large, Multi-year U.S. Department of Defense Freight Services Contract – November 28, 2016