Deep Sea Petroleum and Chemical Transportation
Deep Sea Fuel and Chemical Transportation
Safe and reliable petroleum transportation
When you’re looking for the safest and most reliable petroleum and chemical transportation services, count on Crowley. We have more than 80 years of experience providing petroleum and chemical transportation solutions.
We are the Largest Operator of U.S.-Flag Tank Vessels for a Reason
We operate and manage the largest American-flag petroleum and chemical tank vessel fleet with a combined capacity of more than 12 million barrels. Our diverse, sophisticated fleet of double-hull tank vessels includes 17 articulated tug-barges (ATBs) and 23 tankers, all built since 2002.
Together they transport and safely deliver nearly 600 million barrels of product annually throughout North America with award-winning performance routinely recognized by our customers, peers and regulatory agencies.
Safety and Environmental Protection are Our Highest Priorities
When it comes to petroleum and chemical transportation, Crowley incorporates the latest advances in environmental safety, systems and hull designs.
Our mariners and shoreside personnel make preventative safety training and practices a No. 1 priority to ensure your cargo arrives safely and reliably every time. Crowley’s extensive experience in ship design, vessel operations and shipyard project management add even more value and efficiency for customers.
Award Winning Service
Crowley has been publicly recognized for leadership in safety, security, quality and environmental protection efforts with honors such as:
- Multiple Shell Goal Zero Hero awards for our seagoing mariners, with a record 19 in a single year
- Multiple consecutive Elite Vessel Award by Marathon Petroleum Company, given to tank vessel operators who demonstrate a commitment to safety, environmental stewardship and operational excellence.
- Multi-year recipient of Environmental Safety Awards from the Chamber of Shipping of America
- The premier national award recognizing excellence in marine environmental protection – the 2005 Legacy award from Pacific States/British Columbia Oil Spill Task Force for oil spill prevention, preparedness and response
- USCG William M. Benkert Excellence in Safety and Marine Environmental Protection Award
- ECOPRO Award, the highest honor for excellence in tank-vessel marine safety and environmental stewardship – Washington State Department of Ecology & Spill Prevention
- IMO Green Passport certification, for 650-series barges – Lloyds
Crowley Alaska Tankers LLC
To learn about Crowley Alaska Tankers LLC, a subsidiary of Crowley Petroleum Holdings LLC, part of the Crowley Maritime Corporation family of companies, please visit the Crowley Alaska Tankers web page.