Petroleum and Chemical Transportation
Safety as a Priority
Safety is the company-wide No. 1 core value and is of particular focus for the petroleum and chemical transportation business. Our vessels incorporate the latest advances in environmental safety and hull design to deliver the most efficient ATBs and tankers currently available. Our vessels operate under ISM Code, ISO 9001:2008 and 14001:2004 standards. Additionally, our vessels are vetted through the highest standards under the Oil Companies International Marine Forum's (OCIMF) Ship Inspection Report Programme (SIRE) protocols. Our shoreside management structure is audited in accordance with the OCIMF's Tanker Managers Self Assessment (TMSA) schedule.
Crowley has been publicly recognized for its leadership in safety, security, quality and environmental protection efforts with honors such as the following:
- The premier national award recognizing excellence in marine environmental protection, the 2005 Legacy award from Pacific States/British Columbia Oil Spill Task Force for oil spill prevention, preparedness and response
- USCG William M. Benkert Excellence in Safety and Marine Environmental Protection Award
- ECOPRO Award, the highest honor for excellence in tank-vessel marine safety and environmental stewardship – Washington State Dept. of Ecology & Spill Prevention
- Multi-year recipient of Environmental Awards from the Chamber of Shipping of America
- IMO Green Passport certification, for 650-series barges – Lloyds
Crowley Relocates Government Services Office in Washington, D.C.
Crowley Honored as “National Best and Brightest in Wellness” for Workplace Health Program
CrowleyFresh Spreads the Love this Valentine's Day
Crowley, Customized Brokers & MIA Facilitate Florida’s First Ocean-to-Air Perishables Shipment
Webb Institute Awards 2016-17 Thomas B. Crowley Sr. Memorial Scholarship