Household Goods Shipping from Miami to Mariel, Cuba.
What is a Household Good?
“Household goods” includes furniture, household appliances, household items and fixtures, which, not having the character of personal effects, serve for domestic use or comfort. Household items enter the country free of the payment of a tariff. Among articles included as household goods are:
- Refrigerators (Freezers)
- Digital Radios
- Among Others
- Bed Sheets
- Shower curtains
- Grinding, Chopping or Peeling Machines
- Coffee Makers
- Electric or Regular Pots
- Hair Dryers
- Coffee Mills
- Home Decorations
- Living Room Items
- Dining Room Items
- Bedroom Items
Things to Consider
- Household goods must be shipped to Cuba from the same country where the beneficiary comes from.
- The living spaces of the house to which they are destined will be taken into account for the authorization of the goods. In the case of household appliances, only two (2) pieces of each type will be accepted for payment exemption.
- The dispatch of household goods is done as an indivisible unit. In other words, clearance is only authorized as a full container load (FCL) and not as consolidated cargo (less than container load or LCL) with any other merchandise.
Repatriation or Nationalization of Foreign Customers
– Copy of Immigration Certificate (current)
– Copy of Cuban Passport (current)
– Copy of Identity Card (Carnet)
Household Goods Shipping Rates
The shipping rate is subject to various factors including the size of the container and the items to be exported. Crowley only provides full container (FCL) shipments of household goods to Cuba. Available container sizes are 20 feet or 40 feet. The rate will also depend on whether your items need specific packaging requirements, among other things.