Guide to shipping miscellaneous items to Cuba
With Crowley you can send miscellaneous to Cuba from the comfort of your home by purchasing online or placing your items in a box and sending it to our warehouse.
What does the miscellaneous category include?
- Non-perishable food
- Medicines (Properly Sealed)
- Personal and household hygiene products
- Imitation jewelry
- Perfumery and the like
Miscellaneous NOT allowed:
- Meats: frozen, cured, dehydrated or fresh
- Meat productos or sausages (chorizo, ham, mortadella)
- Non-pasteurized milk products
- Fresh vegetables or fruits (including seeds)
- Medicines: dangerous drugs
How many pounds can I send and how do I prepare the items to be shipped as miscellaneous?
Now, for added ease, you can prepare your miscellaneous in any of the following three ways:
- In a 11 Pound Box
- In a 22 Pound Box
- In a 44 Pound Box
Inside the box, please include the following details on a sheet of paper:
- Name and last name of the shipper
- Contact number and email of the shipper
- Name and last name of the recipient in Cuba
- Complete address in Cuba
- Contact telephone number and Identity Card number of the recipient
** Please do not mix miscellaneous items with durable items. It is important that you consult the list of allowed durable articles to avoid errors and inconveniences.
Where do I send the box with miscellaneous?
Before sending your box to our warehouse, please make sure the address on the box reads as follows:
Your Name and Last Name
c/o Crowley Cuba Express
10205 NW 108th Ave.
Medley, FL 33178
What do I do if I buy the articles online?
Once you receive confirmation of your purchase from the online store, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the tracking number (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.). It is VERY IMPORTANT that in this email you include the recipient’s details:
- Name and surname of the recipient
- Complete address in Cuba
- Contact telephone number
- Identity Card Number of the recipient in Cuba
If you send your packages via regular USPS mail or courier, you must also label the package accordingly and send an email to email@example.com providing all the sender’s and recipient’s information in Cuba.
What is the fee for shipping miscellaneous?
- In a 11 Pound Box – $35 per box
- In a 22 Pound Box – $50 per box
- In a 44 Pound Box – $90 per box
For home delivery throughout the island regardless of the province of residence. The recipient will only have to pay in Cuba $50 CUP (Cuban Pesos) per box for Customs processing.
Once your box arrives at our warehouse in Medley, Florida, our experts in shipping to Cuba, will verify the products, the total weight and provide an updated estimate, if necessary. We accept all major credit and/or debit cards.
How long will they take to arrive?
Crowley is the only carrier that offers four (4) departures per month from Port Everglades, Florida, direct to Mariel, Cuba.
We offer our clients a reservation number so that they can track the cargo until arrival in Mariel. To date we have “0” losses.
Once on the island, our affiliates in Cuba will transact with the Cuban Customs and will contact you when the items are available to be collected in Havana.
Home delivery is 3 to 6 weeks once it arrives in Mariel, and is subject to customs formalities and external factors that may affect the process, such as lack of electricity, breakdown of processing equipment at destination, events weather, etc.
Does the recipient have to pay tariffs in Cuban Pesos in Cuba?
This charge must be paid only in Cuba, it cannot be covered by the shipper in the US.
- In Box of 11 Pounds – Duties to be paid in Cuba $ 194.00 Cuban Pesos
- In Box of 22 Pounds – Duties to be paid in Cuba $ 626.00 Cuban Pesos
- In Box of 44 Pounds – Duties to be paid in Cuba $ 1274.00 Cuban Pesos