Thomas B. Crowley Sr. Memorial Scholarship Program
Since 1984, Crowley has provided more than $500,000 in scholarship funding for more than 275 students studying at maritime academies and other select institutions. The company has also donated more than $2 million over the years to support other educational programs.
In 1994, Crowley Chairman, President and CEO, Tom Crowley Jr., established the Thomas B. Crowley Sr. Memorial Scholarship Program, in honor of his father, who guided the company to extraordinary heights before passing away in 1994. The company continues to give scholarship dollars to deserving students in the U.S., Alaska and Puerto Rico. In 2006, the program expanded to Central America and to date has provided financial assistance to 25 students in that region.
Today the company provides scholarships to the academies and institutions listed below. Students and educators interested in learning more about the scholarship and requirements should contact the school’s financial aid office directly. Students should ask for the “Crowley Maritime” scholarship when making inquiries.
- Williams Mystic – The Maritime Studies Program of Williams-College and Mystic Seaport
- University of North Florida
- University of Washington's Foster School of Business
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Webb Institute
- United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point
- California Maritime Academy
- Maine Maritime Academy
- New York Maritime College at SUNY
- Texas Maritime Academy at Texas A&M University at Galveston
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- University of Alaska Fairbanks
- AVTEC - Alaska's Institute of Technology
- University of Puerto Rico
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- Universidad Nacional de El Salvador
- Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras en el Valle de Sula
- Universidad de Panamá