Shipping and Logistics
PORT OPERATION CHANGES 2/13/14
To Our Valued Customers,
The port operations have been preparing through the ports concession to have better facilities and to recover Puerto Cortes as the best in the region. Of course, these initiatives bring a series of significant changes to the logistics in transportation. Due to this, we have analyzed the best options to service your cargo transportation in the most efficient, orderly and transparent way to its final destination; through this note, we let you know the way in which we will be coordinating (the respective import/export cargo), beginning February 15, 2014, as detailed below:
- The new operator will assign appointments (gate passes) for each container in transit to Free Zones or Primary Customs, these will be worked by our customs agent with a 24 hour anticipated period of time.
- For the cargo that will do customs in Puerto Cortes, the client’s customs agent will have to go to the Crowley offices in Puerto Cortes to assign the corresponding resource (truck driver and truck), so that they may be able to get the gate pass directly with OPC, once the appointment is given they should bring it to the PTZ Crowley office in order to coordinate dispatch of the cargo 24 hours afterwards.
Dispatches will be made during the same day of the vessel to all classified cargo done by the Departamento de Higiene y Seguridad, as direct unloading, previous presentation of all documents.
- The new operator, OPC, will assign appointments (gate in), for the incoming export cargo to the port yard, which will be worked with a 24 hour previous time.
- The dry export cargo will have to be in Puerto Cortes with 24 hours before the arrival of the vessel and the reefer export cargo will have to be in Puerto Cortes with 8 hours before the arrival of the vessel. (Attached Matrix CUOFF).
- The free cargo time inside the port yard is of 3 calendar days before sailing (applies only for dry cargo).
For the closings of in transit cargo, we ask that you send copy of the paperwork to the following e-mail address email@example.com, once the cargo has been dispatched so that we may do the closings in SARAH.
|Vessel Name||Destination Port||Out of Puerto Cortes (ETD)||Cargo maximum time in Puerto Cortes||Maximum time to submit bookings||Maximun time to receive documents||EDI MANIFEST US|
|Pegasus J||Port Everglades, FL||Monday||Sunday, before 09:00||Thursday 16:00||Friday 17:00||Saturday 09:00|
|Pavo J||Port Everglades, FL||Wednesday||Tuesday, before 09:00||Saturday 12:00||Monday 17:00||Tuesday 14:00|
|Paradero||Port Everglades, FL||Friday||Thursday, before 09:00||Tuesday 17:00||Wednesday 17:00||Thursday 14:00|
|Tucana J||Gulfport, MS||Tuesday||Monday, before 09:00||Friday 17:0||Friday 17:00||Monday 09:00|
|Cargo from VILLANUEVA, BÚFALO, POTRERILLOS, COFRADÍA, TEGUCIGALPA, CHOLUTECA and foreign areas should coordinate pick up with time ahead to accomplish the maximum time in Puerto Cortes.|
|We prefer not to pick up cargo after 17:00 hrs due to security reasons. If this is requested a security patroll or security escort will be require under customer costs.|
|Freight Services HON: (504) 3190-8261 (504) 3190-6706|
|Amilcar Martinez: (504) 3390-4696|
|Selbin Castellanos: (504) 3390-3975|
For more information or any additional doubts concerning the below lines, you may contact your Freight Services Coordinator or the Customer Care Department at1-800-276-9539.
Please visit Crowley.com for schedule changes and operational updates. Crowley's current sailing schedules are always available online, click HERE for more details.
Thank you for your continued support,