Puerto Rico Chassis Usage Charge Reminder
Dear Valued Customer:
As previously announced to the Puerto Rico trade on November 14, 2012, Crowley will be implementing a Chassis Usage Charge. Please see the frequently asked questions section below for further details regarding this charge and if you have any further questions please contact your Crowley Sales Representative.
1. What is the Chassis Usage Charge? The Chassis Usage Charge will cover all use of carrier owned chassis beyond the terminal in San Juan.
2. What trades will be affected by this charge? The charge will apply to all shipments from the United States to Puerto Rico and all shipments between Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Islands.
3. What is the effective date of this charge? The new charge will take effect on January 1st, 2013. Any cargo received on or after that date will be subject to this charge.
4. Who will be subject to the Chassis Usage Charge? All contract and open tariff shipments moving to and from Puerto Rico will be assessed the Chassis Usage Charge. Charges will be billable to the consignee of record on cargo moving inbound to Puerto Rico and the shipper of record on cargo moving outbound from Puerto Rico.
5. How much is the Chassis Usage Charge? Chassis Usage charge of $15 per calendar day will be assessed: holidays and weekends included. Charges begin accumulating when chassis leaves the carrier’s terminal. One day is counted once the chassis is out-gated and each additional day will accrue at midnight thereafter until the chassis is returned to carrier’s terminal.
6. Which equipment sizes does this charge apply to? All equipment in which a carrier owned chassis is used. Please note reefers and 53’ equipment are not eligible to be transferred to shipper/consignee supplied chassis at the terminal in San Juan.
Please visit Crowley.com for schedule changes and operational updates. Crowley’s current sailing schedules are always available by visiting https://www.crowley.com/What-We-Do/Shipping-and-Logistics/Liner-Container-Shipping/Routes-Sailing-Schedules-and-Locations/Liner-Route-Details-and-Sailing-Schedules.
Thank you for your continued support,