AES Information 6/16/06
Whether you file AESDirect or utilize Crowley Logistics to file your SED, we would like to remind you of several requirements.
– Prior to loading cargo on a vessel going beyond Puerto Rico we must have the proof of filing citation (ITN Number), unless you have an Option 4 Status. (Title 15 Sec 30.12)
– Crowley Logistics is required to have a power of attorney or letter of authorization from the United States principal parties of interest (USPPI) prior to filing any information via AESDirect (Title 15 Sec 30.4.2)
– Crowley Logistics must have the required information to complete the AES filing prior to vessel departure from the port of loading. (Title 15 Sec 30.4 Subtitle B)
– If your are shipping a used vehicle, and request Crowley Logistics to complete your AES filing, you need to submit a letter of intent, copy of a drivers license, passport or social security number, the value of the vehicle and a copy of the title. This information must be received prior to your vehicle being exported.
– The USPPI or the authorized agent is responsible for annotating the proper exemption legend or proof of filing citation on the bill of lading. (Title 15 Section 30.65)
Title 15 – Commerce and Foreign Trade
Section 30.12 states Information for items identified on the United States Munitions List (USML), including those exported under an export license exemption, must be filed electronically prior to export, unless exempted from the SED filing requirements by the State Department.
If you file AESDirect, please be sure and include your ITN number when submitting your Documentation via fax to (904) 727-4292 or you can e-mail it to ITN@Crowley.com .
If Crowley Logistics prepares your AES filing, you must have all information submitted to them no later than 1400 hrs the day of sailing. Information can be sent via e-mail to SEDCLERK@Crowley.com or faxed to (904) 805-1650.
We appreciate your business and want to ensure we are able to fulfill all requirements of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP). If we are unable to provide USCBP with any of the above information, it will delay the exportation of your cargo.
Effective July 1st cargo will not be placed on the load list for the Virgin Islands, Eastern Caribbean Islands or Bahamas unless all Documentation requirements have been satisfied.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your Sales Represenative or our Customer Service Department at 1-800-CROWLEY.
In an effort to provide you with the best service possible, we ask for your feedback. Please let us know how we’re doing by completing a short online survey at https://www.crowley.com/liner-Shipping-Services/prsurvey.asp .