Crowley’s ship operations and management team brings a wealth of experience to all aspects of the operation and management of any type of vessel, including container and Roll-on/Roll-off (Ro/Ro) ships, tankers, military fleets, and offshore and other specialized vessels, such as hovercraft.
What sets Crowley apart is the company’s ability to create custom commercial ship management programs for customers. This allows us to be the “right fit” for virtually any vessel fleet or company while providing maximum benefits to all involved parties. With more than 40 vessels managed, and several contracts pending, Crowley has developed longstanding working relationships with vendors, suppliers and major foreign and domestic labor organizations, allowing us to provide professional management services with an emphasis on safety.
Check our full international ship management capabilities below, as well as success stories reported by our team, by clicking the links to the right. And contact Crowley to have us manage your vessel or fleet today.
- Technical Support
Assignment of port engineer, superintendent and/or port captain to perform superintendent functions such as:
- Management of maintenance and repair plans
- Shipyard supervision
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies
- Coordination of vetting inspections and post-inspection action planning
- Safety and security assessments and awareness training as required
- Internal/external audit corrective action implementation
- Crewing Expertise
- Experienced in handling both domestic and international crewing requirements
- Crew travel arrangements made in-house by our travel department
- Labor relations personnel with extensive experience working with the seafarer labor unions, having developed and negotiated many CBAs
To view maritime job opportunities or to contact our company recruiter,
- Safety, Quality and Environmental Assurance
We have extensive experience in developing and implementing well-documented management systems governed by clear procedures and guidelines.
All processes meet the requirements of ISO 9000 and 14000, ISM Code and Responsible Carrier Program.
- We maximize value for our clients by utilizing discounts and purchasing power earned through our worldwide corporate operations and the contracts we maintain with numerous vendors and suppliers.
- You’ll have the services of a dedicated buyer who prices and procures materials, supplies and spares.
- We maximize value for our clients by utilizing discounts and purchasing power earned through our worldwide corporate operations.
- A logistics manager arranges the delivery of supplies and coordinates delivery with port agents and vessels.
- A dedicated buyer is responsible for the purchase of bunkers for vessels and is able to utilize volume discounts across the Crowley fleet of 455 vessels.
- We have the ability to assist in the placement of all types of marine insurance coverages on behalf of our customers.
- We offer a full service claims staff with extensive experience in handling marine claims.
- Accounting and Finance Management
- We work in partnership with the vessel owner/operator to develop and execute operating budgets
- Preparation of annual budgets and execution of monthly performance tracking helps us identify variances and trends with the same certainty as our own vessels
- Contract administration functions including re-billing, documentation management and tax reporting
- Legal Support
- We maintain both internal and external legal counsel teams with combined expertise in all phases of international laws and regulations
- To ensure we’re able to continue providing best-in-class legal support, we’ve designed a training module for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), which was developed and is administered by our corporate legal staff
- Depending on the size and duration of the project, we can offer a selection of specialized owned assets or provide alternatives through our brokerage network
- We can assist your company in identifying possible alternatives for chartered tonnage or dealing with a charter claim
- We can conduct on hire/off hire vessel condition surveys and provide complete technical findings and reports
- Consultation and Special Projects
We’re able to assist with the planning and implementation of special projects that do not fall under the customary description of ship management. We can provide assistance from the initial development of a project through implementation and completion.
Some examples of these types of projects are:
- Alaska Ocean Ranger program
- Tractor tug familiarization and training program for foreign-based customers
- Custodianship of government seized vessels
- General Agency Agreements
- Technical support and oversight of MSC fleet automation upgrades
75 Crowley Vessels Honored with Jones F. Devlin Awards in Recognition of 510 Combined Years of Safe Operations
Crowley Acquires International Ship Management Company – Accord
Crowley Awarded More CSA Certificates of Environmental Achievement for 2013 than Any Other Company
Tom Crowley Speaks at Maritime Trades Department (MTD) Conference
Crowley Honors USMMA Midshipman with the Company’s Maritime Security Enhancement Award