We are actively monitoring several disturbances in the Atlantic including Hurricane IAN and its potential to impact our operations and this week’s sailings in the Caribbean, Central America, and Florida. We are prepared to amend our shoreside and marine operations, should it become necessary to ensure the safety of personnel, vessels, and your cargo.
Due to Hurricane Ian’s impending landfall in Florida, we are taking weather avoidance actions with our fleet and following USCG and regulatory agency mandates which include a changes to our operating schedule and vessel arrivals.
- Jacksonville will go to Yankee tonight (Sept. 27) at 23:59 and Zulu at 1200 Wednesday (Sept. 28). At Zulu, all gates will close. We expect to reopen late Saturday (Oct. 1) morning following USCG assessment and clearance.
- Port Everglades will go to Yankee tonight (Sept. 27) at 2000. Any vessels at berth will depart and seek safe shelter offshore. We expected to resume operations Thursday (Sept. 29) following USCG assessment and clearance. We will have a backlog to work through after port reopens (SZV, DOM, NZV).
- Wilmington expects to continue with normal operations.
*An explanation of USCG port conditions can be found here
- El Coqui’s scheduled sailing for this Friday (Sept. 30) SAL2078S will be pushed to Tuesday (Oct. 4). Taino SAL2079S will subsequently shift to the Friday position and remain there.
- Barge El Conquistador SAL2932S will remain in Jacksonville until the storm passes and sail early next week.
- Barge 455-4 NAL2039S is delayed Northbound into Philadelphia and is expecting to depart Southbound on Sunday (Oct. 2).
- Aldebaran J NZV2113N/NZV2119S will work early in Jacksonville today, 9/27, before departing to seek shelter in Wilmington.
- Pegasus J NZV2116S has bypassed Cuba Southbound and will instead call Cuba on Sunday (Oct. 2) during its Northbound voyage before proceeding to Jacksonville on schedule. The vessel schedule has reverted to calling STO on Thursday (Sept 29) and PTZ Friday (Sept. 30).
- Tucana NZV2117S departed PEV on Monday (Sept. 26). She is sailing East of Cuba to avoid the storm which will delay arrival into Central America. The vessel will maintain its standard port rotation of STO then PTZ before heading back to PEV with an estimated arrival of Tuesday (Oct. 4), before quick turning South again for voyage NZV2120S.
- Deneb NZV2118S will be delayed departing PEV due to port condition Yankee. Its updated departure is TBD based on the update of port conditions.
- Floretta SZV2037N/SZV2039S will bypass Jacksonville this week and discharge all cargo in PEV before proceeding offshore to safely shelter from the storm. The Southbound departure from PEV will likely be impacted.
- K-Storm DOM2032S will have to wait for condition Yankee to lift before working. There will be a delay in arrival and departure, but it is TBD at this time based on the update of port conditions.
- K-Breeze CG2038N is delayed arriving into Gulfport. She is expected to work and depart Thursday (Sept. 29) for CGF2039S.
- Regula ISL2026S is one day late arriving into the VI, but is expected to make up schedule time during for next voyage.
We are continuing to monitor our rail partners’ (FEC, CSX, and NS) communications and will relay additional information as it is received.
- FEC will be suspending train operations at midnight tonight, and expects to resume service Friday (Sept. 30).
- FEC Ft. Lauderdale Terminal – Gates close to all traffic effective at 0001 Wednesday (Sept. 28). Planned to re-open at 0001 Friday (Sept. 30).
- FEC Jacksonville Terminal – In-gates will no longer be accepted at 0001 Wednesday (Sept. 28). Gates will close for all traffic at 1600 Wednesday (Sept. 30). Planned to reopen at 1300 Friday (Sept. 30).
- Jacksonville Warehouses will be closed on Thursday (Sept. 29) and Friday (Sept. 30).
As the trajectory of the storm continues to develop, we will post the latest information on closures, operational changes, weather delays, etc. to crowley.com/announcements. We encourage you to bookmark the page.
Additionally, our most up-to-date sailing schedule can also be found online. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care Department at 1-800-Crowley (1-800-276-9539).