LNG Marine Bunkering Solutions
The decision by ship owners and operators to convert to liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a marine fuel has led to an increased demand for innovative marine bunkering solutions around the globe. As the bunkering market evolves, Crowley is leveraging its LNG expertise and engineering services to develop a suite of bunkering solutions across the LNG value chain.
As LNG users in the operation of one of the world’s first dual-fuel Container Roll-On/Roll-Off (ConRo) vessels, Crowley has proven technical expertise in developing tailored, marine bunkering solutions, including shore-to-ship and ship-to-ship operations. Crowley has also designed a wide range of LNG marine bunkering vessels that can deliver LNG to operators on the inland rivers to major U.S. ports. Our bunker vessel designs include small barges, articulated tug and barges (ATBs), and self-propelled vessels in volumes ranging from 2,000m3 to 10,000m3.
Crowley is commited to the highest standards of safety, reliability and environmental excellence. When it comes to the transport of high-risk cargo, Crowley boasts a 99-percent reliability rate in the operation of 23 tankers and 17 ATBs. Crowley is an established marine LNG regulatory expert, with a proven track record on navigating the regulatory road map to meet customer’s timelines.
Put simply, Crowley can provide “flange-to-flange” LNG supply solutions for marine customers by:
- Sourcing the LNG supply through our strategic partnerships;
- Designing and operating the marine bunkering vessel or shore-based LNG supply equipment;
- Safely and reliably transporting the LNG from the liquefaction supply site to the vessel;
- Maintaining and administering an efficient and regulatory compliant LNG supply chain; and
- Offering a single price for MMBTU of energy delivered.
For more information about Crowley’s LNG services or to contact an LNG representative, click here.