Shipping and Logistics
Hurricane Maria Weather Update #4
To Our Crowley Partners,
Our thoughts and prayers are with our friends, families and colleagues throughout the Caribbean. Crowley's Corporate Emergency Management team continues monitoring Hurricane Maria, which remains a major Category 3 hurricane still affecting Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.
Safety is Crowley’s No. 1 core value, and as such we are taking all appropriate steps to ensure the safety of personnel, including our mariners, all of our vessels, facilities and your cargo. We are coordinating with our vessels to review their routes and plans to keep them well clear of the storm.
At this time, we are experiencing disruptions beyond our control with many of our services. The following list contains specific information on those ports and facilities experiencing closings or alternate operating hours due to the storm.
San Juan, PR:
- The port of San Juan, PR, and government offices, including Hacienda are closed.
- Our terminals, warehouses, and offices are closed until the storm's impact has been assessed and safe resumption of operations can be determined.
U.S. Virgin Islands:
- St. Thomas offices and terminals are expected to reopen tomorrow at 0800 EST.
- St. Croix offices and terminals are closed until the storm impact has been assessed and safe resumption of operations can be determined.
- Our St. Maarten terminal and offices are currently closed.
- All other terminals, warehouses, and offices are currently open and operating normally, though delays are expected.
- The port of Rio Haina, our terminals, warehouse, and offices in the Dominican Republic remain closed.
- Haiti, Cuba, and Jamaica ports, terminals and offices are operating normally at this time.
We will continue to update you as port conditions change and as the trajectory of the storm develops. For the latest information on our sailing schedule, please visit Crowley.com .