Shipping and Logistics
Hurricane Maria Weather Update #3: 09/20/2017 1300 EST
As our thoughts and prayers are with our friends, families and colleagues throughout the Caribbean, we continue monitoring Hurricane Maria, which remains a major Category 4 hurricane after making landfall in Puerto Rico earlier this morning, September 20.
Safety is Crowley’s No. 1 core value, and as such we are taking all appropriate steps to ensure the safety of personnel, including our mariners, all of our vessels, facilities and your cargo. We are coordinating with our vessels to review their routes and plans to keep them well clear of the storm.
At this time, we expect disruptions beyond our control with many of our services. The following list contains specific information on those ports and facilities experiencing closings or alternate operating hours due to the storm.
San Juan, PR:
- The port of San Juan, PR, and government offices, including Hacienda are closed.
- Our terminals, warehouses, and offices will remain closed until the storm's impact has been assessed and safe resumption of operations can be determined.
U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Our St. Thomas and St. Croix offices and terminals will remain closed until the storm impact has been assessed and safe resumption of operations can be determined.
- Our terminals, warehouses, and offices are currently open and operating normally, though some delays are to be expected.
- The port of Rio Haina, our terminals, warehouse, and offices in the Dominican Republic are closed.
- Haiti, Cuba, and Jamaica ports, terminals and offices are operating normally at this time.
We will continue to update you as port conditions change and as the trajectory of the storm continues to develop. For the latest information on our sailing schedule, please visit Crowley.com .
If you have any questions, please contact your sales representative or the Customer Service Department at 1-800-276-9539.
Thank you for your continued support and please stay safe during Hurricane Maria.