Shipping and Logistics
Hurricane Maria Weather Update #2
Crowley’s Corporate Emergency Management team continues monitoring Hurricane Maria, now a major Category 5 hurricane. Based on current forecasts, the hurricane is expected to impact St. Croix and Puerto Rico tomorrow, Wednesday, September 20.
Safety is Crowley’s No. 1 core value, and as such we are taking all appropriate steps to ensure the safety of personnel, including our mariners, all of our vessels, facilities and your cargo. We are coordinating with our vessels to review their routes and plans to keep them well clear of the storm.
The following list contains information on those ports and facilities potentially affected by the storm.
San Juan, PR:
- The port of San Juan, PR, and government offices, including Hacienda are closed.
- Our terminals, warehouses, and offices will remain closed through September 20.
U.S. Virgin Islands:
- Our St. Thomas and St. Croix offices and terminals will remain closed through September 20.
- The port of Castries in St. Lucia, our terminal, warehouse, and offices are currently open and operating normally.
- The port of Rio Haina, our terminals, warehouse, and offices in the Dominican Republic are currently operating normally, but are expected to close at noon tomorrow, September 20.
- Haiti, Cuba, and Jamaica ports, terminals and offices are operating normally at this time.
We will continue to update you as port conditions change and as the trajectory of the storm continues to develop. For the latest information on our sailing schedule, please visit Crowley.com .
If you have any questions, please contact your sales representative or the Customer Service Department at 1-800-276-9539.