Shipping and Logistics
2/13/2014 PORT OPERATION CHANGES
To Our Valued Customers,
The port operations have been preparing through the ports concession to have better facilities and to recover Puerto Cortes as the best in the region. Of course, these initiatives bring a series of significant changes to the logistics in transportation. Due to this, we have analyzed the best options to service your cargo transportation in the most efficient, orderly and transparent way to its final destination; through this note, we let you know the way in which we will be coordinating (the respective import/export cargo), beginning February 15, 2014, as detailed below:
· The new operator will assign appointments (gate passes) for each container in transit to Free Zones or Primary Customs, these will be worked by our customs agent with a 24 hour anticipated period of time.
· For the cargo that will do customs in Puerto Cortes, the client’s customs agent will have to go to the Crowley offices in Puerto Cortes to assign the corresponding resource (truck driver and truck), so that they may be able to get the gate pass directly with OPC, once the appointment is given they should bring it to the PTZ Crowley office in order to coordinate dispatch of the cargo 24 hours afterwards.
Dispatches will be made during the same day of the vessel to all classified cargo done by the Departamento de Higiene y Seguridad, as direct unloading, previous presentation of all documents.
· The new operator, OPC, will assign appointments (gate in), for the incoming export cargo to the port yard, which will be worked with a 24 hour previous time.
· The dry export cargo will have to be in Puerto Cortes with 24 hours before the arrival of the vessel and the reefer export cargo will have to be in Puerto Cortes with 8 hours before the arrival of the vessel. (Attached Matrix CUOFF).
· The free cargo time inside the port yard is of 3 calendar days before sailing (applies only for dry cargo).
|CROWLEY NICARAGUA CUT OFFS|
|FOR NB CONTAINERS FROM NICARAGUA|
|Vessel Name||ETD Puerto Cortes||Destination Port||Max Time of dispatch||Max Time for cargo ETA at Port Cortes||Cut Offs Bookings Request||Cut Offs for Shipping Instructions|
|Pegasus J||Monday||P Everglades||Thu 1400*||Sat before 1200||Thu 1200||Fri 1700|
|K Breeze||Wednesday||P Everglades||Mon 1000||Tue before 1700||Sat 1000||Mon 1700|
|Paradero||Friday||P Everglades||Wed 1000||Thu before 1700||Tue 1200||Wed 1700|
|Tucana J||Tuesday||Gulfport||Sat 1000||Mon before 1700||Fri 1200||Fri 1700|
|For security reasons, we stop all transits after 1700. If you require overnight transit,|
|we require a non liability letter, and private security escort paid by customer.|
If you have any questions please, contact your sales representative or the Customer Care Department at 1-800-276-9539.
Please visit Crowley.com for schedule changes and operational updates. Crowley's current sailing schedules are always available online, click HERE for more details.
Thank you for your continued support,