Freight Forwarding and Global Project Logistics
Over-Dimensional, Heavylift and Out-of-Gauge Cargo
Experience matters when transporting over-dimensional and/or heavy-lift project cargo. Crowley’s knowledge and relationships with carriers allow us to plan, manage and execute the optimal solution to handle your heavy equipment, modules or project cargo safely and at the lowest practical cost.
Crowley’s People Who Know have successfully managed high-value, over-dimensional project cargo worldwide since 1984, all of which is backed by our in-house engineering , naval architecture and project management expertise for even the most complex project cargo. Additionally, our relationships with carriers and specialized service providers enable us to plan and execute the optimal solution to handle your cargo safely and at the lowest practical cost.
To ensure a safe, on-time and incident-free shipment, Crowley plans for project success via the following measures:
- Conducting detailed, country-specific port, route and bridge surveys and site reports to identify challenges and manage them in advance
- Reviewing the market to find the right carriers and partners
- Preparing lift plans and tie-down recommendations
- Analyzing the shipment to determine whether outside dimensions and weight per piece can be reduced, which may allow us to expand carrier and routing options and to minimize transport and handling costs
- Providing on-site representation during loading and unloading.
Freight Forwarding and Global Project Logistics:
- (832) 850-4000
- Send us an email »
Current Customer Log-InLogin
Crowley Awarded Large, Multi-year U.S. Department of Defense Freight Services Contract
Crowley Supports Relief Actions for Haiti, Florida and Southeast in Response to Hurricane Matthew
Miami International Airport to Launch Florida's First Ocean-to-Air Perishables Trans-Shipment Program
Crowley Liner Services among First Private Companies to Earn U.S. AQUA Lane Certification from Customs and Border Patrol
Crowley Breaks Ground on $48.5 Million Pier and Terminal Construction Project at Isla Grande in San Juan